The advantages of this recipe:
- Easy to carry out at home – you need an oven, stove, oil, saucepan and cheese cloth (gauze);
- THC and other cannabinoids are extracted into the oil without loss;
- A substantial part of unnecessary greens that spoil the taste will be filtered out.
Butter or coconut oil?
In the west, hemp extraction has long been produced with the help of coconut oil; the food industry has not yet provided other worthy rivals to butter. Coconut oil is considered a healthier food, and its mild flavor makes baked goods great. American cannabis lovers, however, find it much easier with coconut oil – you can buy it at any supermarket.
Butter tastes just as good, and is a more convenient material when making baked goods, since baking recipes usually require butter – so you simply replace that ingredient with your own hemp oil.
Note : if you intend to make hemp oil on a permanent basis, and the process of cooking it on the stove seems unattractive, you may like this machine: Magical Butter Machine, this device requires you only to put oil and hemp inside.
Cannama butter recipe
The quantity is calculated for:
- 15 powerful servings
- 30 medium portions
- 50 easy servings
- 30 g cannabis inflorescences
- 450 g butter
- Cheese cloth
Note : When the procedure is complete, the oil will need to stand in the refrigerator for several hours – it is better to prepare the oil the day before you need it so that you can leave the product in the refrigerator overnight.
Step 1 – decarboxylation
It is important to decarboxylate your raw material before cooking. Why? In cannabis, as you know, the main cannabinoid of interest to recreational users is THC. But not everyone knows that most of the THC contained in the plant is in a non-psychoactive form – in the form of THCA, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid. THCA differs from THC only in the molecule of carbon dioxide. The process of removing excess carbon dioxide from the plant tissue of your crop is called decarboxylation and affects the quality of the hemp significantly.
If you skip decarboxylation, the oil will still work, but weaker.
So, we remove carbon dioxide:
- Preheat oven to 107 ° C, line baking sheet with foil.
- Now the inflorescences need to be ground (not very finely) and put on a baking sheet.
- We close in the oven and bake at the same temperature for 1 hour. Prepare for a scent attack. Steam in the oven is also quite normal. Don’t worry, the precious cannabinoids won’t evaporate.
- After an hour, take out the cannabis. Larger pieces should be crumbled smaller – not to the state of powder, but do not leave whole cones either. Do not be intimidated by the brown color of the hemp, it has not burned out.
Step 2 – boil hemp in water and oil
- Boil 950 ml of water.
- Reduce heat to low, add butter.
- Pour the marijuana processed in the previous step into the water. Water acts as a protective layer – cannabis floats in boiling oil at the top, and 2-3 cm of water separates it from the bottom of the pan. If the bottom gets too close, the cannabinoids are destroyed. If you did everything right, then hot water not only does not spoil your staff, but even filters it out of unnecessary chlorophyll, which creates the bitter taste of hemp.
- Simmer for 90 minutes. Water should not boil violently, fewer bubbles.
Step 3 – separate water and healthy oil
- Cover the larger pot with two layers of cheesecloth.
- Pour a hot mixture of oil, hemp, and boiling water through a cloth. Do not try to squeeze out the liquid with your hands, scald yourself! To squeeze out the remnants from the cake, press the contents of the package with a large spoon or spatula against the walls of the bowl.
- Place the filtered water with hemp oil in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, the hardened oil can simply be removed from a pool of green (or brown) water. The water contains chlorophyll, all psychoactive substances have passed into oil.
The dosage depends on the quantity and quality of the cannabis you are using. It should also be borne in mind that different servings are enough for different people, therefore the first experiments should be carried out with caution – overeating marijuana can make a person helpless. The effect of the product taken orally occurs within 1-2 hours after ingestion.
Hemp oil can be stored for months in the freezer. In the refrigerator after a week there is a risk of detecting mold.